Classroom Management and Rules
- Classroom management is more important than curriculum.
- Greet the students at the door.
- Have what you are doing or going to do on the board.
- Small talk as they enter, sencing any individual or group concerns, because the things that are happening in their lives are more important than your lesson.
- Establish rules on first day, have no more than ten.
- Once you have management rules, more on to classroom rules.
- Connect with the students, know you care.
These are simple classroom rules I post (eight places) around the room. I go over them the FIRST day of class.Important Rules
- No water bottles, food, hats (even on hat days) or drinks allowed,
- The only thing you may have in your hand is "music equipment" NO backpacks, pencils, or pens allowed.
- You must be invited to my "desk area."
- You are assigned a computer station and a seat location (these are different, one is at the computer, one is part of a semi-circle.
- When moving your chair to your computer spot, lift chair to your computer spot, lift chair in front of you.
- Arrange computer station, tell teachr immediately if there are problems at your station.
- Do not put headsets on unless told.
- Headsets for the microphone: Left is right, right is wrong.
- Do not start until told.
- No "tearing apart" of headset cord.