I have been "playing" with life over the past eighteen months.
I finally have the balance that I always wanted. A mixture of interacting with my new life and keeping up on social media. So I am not much on the social media and actually thought about deleting my twitter account!
I needed a time out. Social media can draw you in and have you not see the world around you. So, if you haven't "seen" me much it was on purpose. I am creating a new life and getting more time IN!
I used to say to my students - The true purpose of life was to work hard, so you can play. That is why when students finished a project I didn't give them MORE work to do, but allowed them to PLAY.
That is exactly what I am doing, playing!
Here's the list of play:
1. Started a Pickleball group that is over 200 members. http://pickledbd.weebly.com/
2. Created a website for the choir I am was honored to accepted into. http://www.thevillagevoiceschorus.org/
3. Playing golf three times a week, improved so much!!
4. Steve and I have a puppy! Caddie is a Cavalier King Charles Tri-color. She is amazing!
5. Moved my mother to Florida too!. She is five-minutes away from us.
6. Created a website for our "small" community within The Villages. http://knomesnation.weebly.com/
7. Spending time with our neighbors and finding new friends.
8. Tutoring at the neighborhood school once a week.
9. Spending lots of time with Steve!
and more importantly...
10. NOT WORKING!
Carol Broos, upon completely retiring, moved to Florida to build a completely new life of simplicity through relationships, innovation, and passion (to play.)